Empower Ecuador is a partnership between an Ecuadorian Church, Plenitud de Dios, Stadia, Compassion International, Pantano, Elements and Revive. Together we planted a church in Playas, Ecuador. Compassion started a Child Development Center at the new church.
One part of the partnership is working with the church and compassion staff in their mission to reach Playas for Christ. The second is to sponsor the children in the program to help meet the children’s spiritual, educational, physical and mental well-being needs. This PDF gives a more extensive look at this project.
Child Development Center
The center focuses on feeding the children and providing them with tutoring and learning opportunities. The program operates two days per week and works with approximately 235 children. The program focuses on meeting the physical, social, educational, mental and spiritual needs of the children. It provides hope in the face of extreme adversity. Most importantly, the children are finding hope in Jesus Christ. Emmanuel Loor is the Director of the Compassion Ministry.
Plenitud de Dios, Playas
“Fullness of God” Church is committed to bringing the hope of Christ to the community of Playas. The church and Compassion share land and building space but the church plant has the ability to engage the whole family and community. Pastor Carlos Carbo and his wife Elizabeth lead the church. Elizabeth provides classes and Bible studies for the mothers in the community, while Carlos does the same for the fathers. They have a vibrant youth ministry as well. The community is responding to the difference Compassion is making in the lives of the children and families involved. They are interested in learning more and the church is providing an opportunity to learn about Christ and grow in Him through fellowship.
Keep up with the ministry on Facebook: Plenitud de Dios in Playas
How can I get involved?
- For maturity of new disciples as they learn and grow.
- For wisdom for church and project volunteers and staff as they serve the community.
- That the youth group at the church would continue to grow and that the teens in the community would see their lives impacted for the Kingdom.
- That sustainable ways to impact poverty in Playas might be developed so that more jobs and opportunities for parents exist.
- For the children involved in the project to grow in spiritual, mental, educational and physical well-being.
- For the hope of Christ to be evident in the families involved in the church and projects in Playas.
- For the community of Playas to be changed because of the impact of the church and project.
- For spiritual and physical protection for the staff and the property.
Send a note of encouragement to Emmanuel, Carlos or Elizabeth through firstname.lastname@example.org.
While most of the children in the program are sponsored there are occasionally opportunities to sponsor kids. If you’re interested, let us know by emailing email@example.com.
We visit the ministry to encourage our brothers and sisters there and spend time with our sponsored children. Interested? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
…electronically at pccwired.org/give