Scriptures In Use
Scriptures In Use (SIU) equips and trains local leaders throughout the world to communicate the Christian Scriptures effectively through traditional oral arts in order to evangelize, disciple and plant churches among unreached people groups, teaching them to instill in others a love and appreciation of the Scriptures in their mother tongue.
They are a ministry serving the training networks of indigenous church planters. Their team of partners equips and enables “grass-root” church planters to make the Christian Scriptures accessible to oral cultures.
Over the past 5 years, SIU and its partners have trained more than 20,000 grass-root church planters in 35 languages! Their goal is to train thousands more.
Learn more about SIU at: scripturesinuse.net
- Father thank you so much for all you have done for us here at Scriptures in Use this year. Your provision, protection, and anointing has far surpassed any of our expectations. May we never forget Your faithfulness!
- Holy Spirit thank you for all of our partners around the world and all they have been able to do to further the Gospel this year, despite floods, imprisonment, fines, persecution, and often very limited resources. May we learn from their examples!
- Thank you precious Jesus for our families, our homes, our health and all our partners who stand with us in faithful prayers and sacrificial giving to make Your work go forward. May our lives be equally as generous!
- We bless your Holy name for the 57 new Oral Bible churches our partners in Nepal have helped to plant this year. May we personally be challenged to greater vision!
- Thank you for wonderful times of refreshment you gave our Scriptures in Use team with many of our Indian partners who visited us this month. Their passion is an inspiration to us all. Help us to learn from their example to “not grow weary in doing good.”
What to expect on this short-term mission:
There may be opportunities to travel with SIU to assist with training in their various courses in many different parts of the world.