Lead a Group
Group Leaders are important in the Kingdom of God. Jesus commanded us to “Go and Make Disciples of all Nations” (Matt 28:19). As a Group Leader at Pantano, you have an opportunity to disciple the people with whom God has entrusted you. As you share your life, God will naturally give you opportunities to share with and strengthen the faith of those in your group. As group members connect with each other and their neighbors through love, encouragement and living transparent lives, they are able to disciple each other and ultimately bring Christ to the world, one neighborhood or community at a time.
Group Leader Form
Jesus created each of us as relational beings, to know and be known by others. There is an innate longing in every person to be part of a community where they can be their true selves and see others for who and what they really are. Jesus and the disciples shared life together, encouraged one another, held each other accountable, and did some amazing things. Based on our very nature and the model Christ showed us, we believe it is crucial for everyone to be part of a Group where they are able to connect with Jesus and others. We simply will not grow in our faith or achieve the life God calls us to on our own. “As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another”. (Prov. 27:17)
To establish and lead a group at Pantano, there are a few steps you need to take
- Complete the form below, which encompasses where you are in your walk with the Lord, and why you feel called to lead a Group.
- After the form has been submitted, you will be contacted to set up an appointment with a community Group leader to meet together and discuss the details, plans, and expectations for your Group.
- Meet with a staff member to learn how to use Pantano’s Online Community effectively.
Expectations of Group Leaders include (but are not limited) to the following:
- Be an “All-In Partner.”
- Complete Discover Pantano class
- Complete new Group Leader training
- Meet together as a group on a regular basis and submit attendance through Pantano’s Online Community.
- Group leaders at Pantano must have a current Pantano background check.
- Meet with your designated Group Coach on a regular basis.
- Actively oversee the discipling of your Group members.
- Attend Group Leader’s trainings and meetings.
- Participate in occasional mini Connects to share with others what your Group is about and find new potential people for your Group